We’re pretty new – but we’ve achieved a lot already.
Now, we need your support to further develop a fantastic health system we can all be proud of.
The Māia Health Foundation was formally established in October 2015 and achieved charitable status in November 2015.
In May 2016, the Māia Health Foundation was officially launched.
- Formal establishment of the Foundation
- Charitable status achieved
- Name and logo developed in preparation for our launch
- Large bequest and gift received from the estate of Cyril Smith
- The Rainbow Children’s Trust donates $1.2m to our children’s facility upgrades
- Westpac becomes Māia’s first founding business partner
- Archibalds becomes a founding business partner
- Māia Health Foundation official charity partner for NZ Cup & Show Week
- EA Networks becomes a supporter of Māia
- MainPower becomes a founding business partner
- The Allan Family join Māia as founding champions
- The Murney Family of Ashburton join Māia as founding champions
- The Rotary Club of Cashmere choose Māia for its annual Bookarama, raising $15,000
- Westfield Riccarton choose Māia for its Christmas gift wrapping station donations, raising $20,157
- The Pearson Family join Māia as founding champions
- MG Marketing becomes a founding business partner
- Forte Health becomes a founding business partner
- The inaugural Māia 'feast' held in August was incredibly successful, raising over $250,000
- The Wakefield Family join Māia as founding champions
- Lyttelton Port Company becomes a founding business partner
- Māia holds a garden party at Riccarton Park on NZ Cup Day raising over $15,000
- A campaign is launched to raise funds for 60 parent beds in the new children's facilities - to date 40 parent beds have been donated by local businesses and families
- Westfield Riccarton choose Māia for its Christmas gift wrapping station donations, raising $16,307
- An exciting six week crowd-funding campaign is launched in March aiming to raise $1M for a large future-proof rooftop helipad at Christchurch Hospital
- Rātā Foundation pledges to match every dollar raised during the 13 Minutes crowd-funding campaign, up to $500,000
- Canterbury Orthopaedic Services Trust, a group of Christchurch orthopaedic surgeons, donate $150,000 to the 13 Minutes campaign
- Mackenzie Charitable Foundation approves a grant $150,000 to the rooftop helipad project
- Advance Ashburton donates $50,000 to the rooftop helipad project
- At the conclusion of the 13 Minutes campaign over $1.1M is raised for the rooftop helipad
- In August Bic Runga performs with the CSO at the 2018 Foundation Feast with a live auction and donation pledges raising $145,000
- Māia's involvement in NZ Cup & Show Week, including a Garden Party on NZ Cup Day successfully raises over $20,000 for the helipad
- Club Ninety-Eight's Spring Indulgence fundraising gala in Ashburton raises over $65,000 for the rooftop helipad project
- Buddle Findlay Child Health Foundation become a founding business partner
- Colliers International Christchurch become a business partner
- Māia was a finalist in three categories at the FINZ National Awards for Fundraising Excellence for Best Individual Giving Campaign, Best Use of Digital and Best Partner Relationship
- The 2019 Feast is held in the Christchurch Town Hall on 31 August 2019 raising $160,000 for Child and Youth Mental Health, Māia's new project focus
- Charity partnership signed with Canterbury Cricket
- $2million worth of improvements to Burwood Spinal Injuries Unit thanks to a bequest by Cyril Smith
- $6000,000 announced for children with rare cancers thanks to a gift agreement with Wayne Francis Charitable Trust.
- Bequest of $655,000 received from the Estate of John Moffat for mental health and addiction services
- Māia Health Foundation purchases an ultrasound machine for Kaikoura Health, thanks to donations of $22,000 each from Pegasus Health and MainPower. The funding for the ultrasound machine was completed with a donation from Gerald and Peggy Salkeld
- We have lift off! Our rooftop helipad and enhanced child health facilities are complete - and our initial goal to raise $5.2 million is achieved!
- Our Shine-a-light Christmas Appeal raises over $98,000 for Child and Youth Mental Health
- Māia's next project is unveiled - upgraded Child and Youth Mental Health facilities
- Our inaugural Cocktail Party is held at the Great Hall, The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora
- Māia produces its inaugural copy of the Impact Report. Click here to read some what we've achieved since inception.