The Māia Health Foundation was formally established in October 2015 and achieved charitable status in November 2015.
In May 2016, the Māia Health Foundation was officially launched.
- The 2022 Feast is held at Te Pae Christchurch on 3 September 2022 raising $300,000 for the new Child, Youth and Family Mental Health Outpatient Facility.
- Māia's next project is unveiled - upgraded Child and Youth Mental Health facilities.
- Our inaugural Cocktail Party is held at the Great Hall, The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora.
- Māia produces its inaugural copy of the Impact Report. Click here to read some what we've achieved since inception.
- $ 2 million worth of improvements to Burwood Spinal Injuries Unit thanks to a bequest by Cyril Smith.
- $6000,000 announced for children with rare cancers thanks to a gift agreement with Wayne Francis Charitable Trust.
- Bequest of $655,000 received from the Estate of John Moffat for mental health and addiction services
- Māia Health Foundation purchases an ultrasound machine for Kaikoura Health, thanks to donations of $22,000 each from Pegasus Health and MainPower. The funding for the ultrasound machine was completed with a donation from Gerald and Peggy Salkeld.
- We have lift off! Our rooftop helipad and enhanced child health facilities are complete - and our initial goal to raise $5.2 million is achieved!
- Our Shine-a-light Christmas Appeal raises over $98,000 for Child and Youth Mental Health.
- Colliers International Christchurch become a business partner.
- Māia was a finalist in three categories at the FINZ National Awards for Fundraising Excellence for Best Individual Giving Campaign, Best Use of Digital and Best Partner Relationship.
- The 2019 Feast is held in the Christchurch Town Hall on 31 August 2019 raising $160,000 for Child and Youth Mental Health, Māia's new project focus.
- Charity partnership signed with Canterbury Cricket.