We’re pretty new – but we’ve achieved a lot already.
Now, we need your support to further develop a fantastic health service we can all be proud of.
The Māia Health Foundation was formally established in October 2015 and achieved charitable status in November 2015.
In May 2016, the Māia Health Foundation was officially launched.
- Formal establishment of the Foundation
- Charitable status achieved
- Name and logo developed in preparation for our launch
- Large bequest and gift received from the estate of Cyril Smith
- The Rainbow Children’s Trust donates $1.2m to our children’s facility upgrades
- Westpac becomes Māia’s first founding business partner
- Archibalds becomes a founding business partner
- Māia Health Foundation official charity partner for NZ Cup & Show Week
- EA Networks becomes a supporter of Māia
- MainPower becomes a founding business partner
- The Allan Family join Māia as founding champions
- The Murney Family of Ashburton join Māia as founding champions
- The Rotary Club of Cashmere choose Māia for its annual Bookarama, raising $15,000
- Westfield Riccarton choose Māia for its Christmas gift wrapping station donations, raising $20,157
- The Pearson Family join Māia as founding champions
- Mt Hutt choose Māia as its charity for its open day in March
In the coming year, we’re focused on growing awareness of the Māia Health Foundation to ensure the entire community can be part of it.
Our upcoming targets include:
- August 2017: the inaugural Māia 'feast'
- Early 2017: the inaugural March for Māia fundraising initiative